Search JAM's Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

NYC

We had planned this trip to NY since Christmas, as it was intended to be a gift to my dad. He is the biggest Tim Burton fan I know, and the Museum of Modern Art in NY has an amazing exhibit featuring tons of Burton's work. Unfortunately, my dad was hospitalized literally the day before we were to leave (more on that later), and he insisted that we go ahead with the trip so that I could tell him everything about the exhibit at the MOMA.


It was cold, windy, and rainy every day of our three-day trip. But, we weren't about to sulk around in our hotel room, so out we went with a leaky umbrella and me in my canvas shoes (which are still wet five days later), and we had a fantastic time. Here are a few of my personal favorites that we brought home.


Plenty more here.


An angled view from our hotel room. I've always wanted an apt in the city, with a rooftop lounge spot, as seen here.


Loved the color in this fruit stand...the fruit shot's mine, the flowers, Jordan's.


My Jordie boy in NY :)


me, Central Park. you can see the rain on my jacket!


Loved the yellow here!


A couple of couple shots snapped as we roamed the rainy streets


I did several "shot from the hip" shots, this was one of my faves


These girls were so cute! Saw them later in the day with Dad riding on the scooter with the youngest daughter. Too bad we had put the camera away and couldn't snap them again in time!


Cute window display in Cursive, a store in Grand Central Station


Nigel, our roaming gnome, getting rained on in Times Square


A sea of lights, taxis, and umbrellas. I loved it.


So we asked some locals where to go for great NY cheesecake. Two peeps unanimously chimed in, "JUNIOR'S!" So we grabbed a slice of strawberry cheesecake there, and the actual cheesecake was wonderful. Not a fan of the pastry crust though, I much prefer graham cracker all around instead of just these crumblies on top.


Pretty light and water shot while roaming


Shot straight up while waiting at a crosswalk :)


This one's for my sis, Leslie. Not a single carrier pigeon girl, great news! lol :)


Lily O'Brien's sign for their cappuccino drew me in, and then we had to try their gorgeous macaroons. The dark chocolate gold-dusted one, delish (along with the cappuccino and mint hot chocolate), but the pink was rosewater. I prefer to smell my flowers over eating them, but that's just me. :)


Taxis in front of Grand Central Station...we couldn't stop quoting the cop's horse in Madagascar here, when he's giving the zebra directions. :)


One of my favorite blurred motion shots...never again shall we go to NY without a tripod, I can't believe we mistakenly left the gorillapod at home!


While heading to the WTC site, we saw Franklin Street and had to get off there...a little different than our Franklin Street at home, but it made us smile. :)




0 comments:

Love These Blogs

Labels

About Me

My photo
"JAM" is Jordan And Mindy. We're a couple of photographers based in Chapel Hill, NC, who love photographing pretty much everything we can. Families, moms-to-be, little ones, couples of all ages, best of friends, graduates, musicians, weddings, and most any other event you might hold. We are more than happy to travel! Visit our website to contact us, or email Mindy at mindysea@mac.com with your request.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP