Search JAM's Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's a photo makeover!

I confess: I love a good makeover. It's the reason I used to obsess over TLC design shows, the reason I sometimes (I admit it) check out gossip mags while in the checkout line, and even the reason I like to clean our house. I love to look at something that's pretty, but plain, before, and see what can be done to make it end up looking really really ridiculously good looking.

That's where the fun in editing is, for me. Sure, we could deliver our photos to you as they're taken. But where is the fun in that? Every single photo that we place in a client gallery has a little bit, or in some cases a lot, of artistic love applied by yours truly (the "M" in JAM, that is...I'm working on teaching Jordan ma editing skillz). Because really, we've got to add our own style and magical touch. So check out below for just a few rockin' before-and-after shots. And keep in mind that these are all done individually. We don't batch-process, y'all. :) Everything's done in Lightroom & Photoshop CS4, in case you're curious.

This is one of my favorite shots of these girls, and mom's too (we used it on their holiday card last year). It needed a good crop, and the marble & concrete needed a good cleaning!

This SOOC shot isn't bad at all, but it needed some contrast and a pop of color.

Definitely the most dramatic change from this bunch. Cute shot above, but a little bit boring as far as color goes (in my opinion), and a little tilted as I shot it while walking backwards. Love the end result!

More of these cuties coming in sneak peek form later today. :)

0 comments:

Love These Blogs

Labels

About Me

My photo
"JAM" is Jordan And Mindy. We're a couple of photographers based in Chapel Hill, NC, who love photographing pretty much everything we can. Families, moms-to-be, little ones, couples of all ages, best of friends, graduates, musicians, weddings, and most any other event you might hold. We are more than happy to travel! Visit our website to contact us, or email Mindy at mindysea@mac.com with your request.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP